Cassette Comeback CANADA
AIWA BOOMBOX, Dolby B, Metal, AM/FM, Phono/Line In
This Boombox features:
- Cassette Player
- Plays/Records Type I, II, and IV
- Recording Level adjustment
- Dolby B
- Made in Japan
- Phono ready and Line In (AUX)
- DSL (Bass booster, Loudness)
Other relevant information and Specifications:
- Wow & Flutter is less than 0.038%
- 35,000 to 16,000 Hz on Metal setting
- Original passive radiator in excellent shape
- New matching 14cm woofers (better than original) and original tweeters.
- Owner's Manual available on-line. Cost: $11.95USD
- Records very well, see video, please do not judge my video abilities :(
- FF, REW, Pause and stop functions all work well. Antennas are original but the tips have been broken (replaced with tiny screws, sorry not my doing, just left it as is, but it works fine).
- FM works very well, but AM does not.
- Records well from all sources, Phono, AUX and FM
- Music search feature works perfectly
- Cosmetically it is not perfect, it has some scratches. Most are quite visible from the pictures and video.
- It has a slot for 220Voltage option, but does not have the dual voltage power supply.
It carries a limited 30 Day warranty, starting from the day you receive it in your home, if shipped out to you, or on the day it is picked-up or delivered. Warranty is provided by Absolute Electronic Service, located at 2904 Dufferin Street, in Toronto, Canada. Technician's name is Konstantin (Shop Owner). Telephone number: 416-782-3448.
The warranty covers you for the FM radio, the tape mechanism was tested, cleaned, mechanical parts were lubricated, and belts were replaced. Please keep in mind, Boomboxes were never really manufactured to have a life of more than 10 to 15 years by any brand, but here we are 35 to 40 years after, and still demanding they keep working. The Technician guarantees the equipment to work as shown in the video(s) clip(s) and will cover for the labor only of making adjustments and repairs if any of the radio or cassette functions fail within a 30 day period. Bottom line, any kind of warranty on electronic equipment this old is rarely offered. Any and all mishaps or accidental damage that may occur during shipping will void this warranty. I suggest you opt to cover for the full shipping insurance allowed on the item to protect your investment.
The Boombox was also slightly enhanced, by having added some small LED strip lighting as shown in the pictures and video. If this is not something you like, it can be easily removed. This does not interfere with the boombox electronics and its basic performance. This will allow you to operate the radio in a dark setting should you wish to do so.
I will ship the Radio to most places in the world. Please send me an email with your request and address, and I will find the best possible shipping rate available.
Note: Contrary to what the listing shows at the top of the page, if you are from Canada, taxes will have to be added. 5% HST applicable to all provinces other than Ontario, whose residents must pay 13%, as I sell out of Ontario.